Monday, March 13, 2006

> CrazyEgg: Seeing Is Better Than Wading Through a Roiling Sea of Data.



When it comes to web statistic and usage reports, for my money, seeing is better than wading through my body weight in analytic reports that confuse thud-factor data dumps with understandable, actionable intelligence.

Come to think of it, cataloguers could use this also...not in regards to web activity but rather for historical sales data, square inch analysis, and return rates...all things that would be best viewed via a dashboard approach.

But I digress, back to the web.

Crazy Egg has taken a different approach where you can measure and actually see what your users are doing when they visit your site, and from these results you can immediately optimize your site based on your visitors usage patterns.

And while I am a visual person, I do prefer the "overlay" view that gives me numbers as opposed to the "heatmap" view which makes me feel like I am reading auras or something.

I suppose the biggest "Ah-Ha!" to Crazyegg is that business people have complained/screamed/bellowed that they have been drowning in a sea of data. Crazyegg adresses that very real business need.


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great work!
[url=http://lbtjfpxx.com/ygjb/rkap.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://xozhddzy.com/anmm/jmis.html]Cool site[/url]

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done!
My homepage | Please visit

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://lbtjfpxx.com/ygjb/rkap.html | http://zisbqezv.com/swet/dywg.html

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your friends miss you.
Write them!!!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!! zekesneaker.blogspot.com is one of the best resourceful websites of its kind. I enjoy reading it every day. I will be back.

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Its a wonderful tool to monitor visitors activity. My friend is using this option from a very long time. It delivers a useful information about website performance.
mouse heat map

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home